Ryan & Tanner enjoyed themselves at the 4th grade field trip today. They went to the Sky Sox game, and Ryan went as a chaperone for Tanner and a group of boys. As soon as he walked in the door after the game the first words that came out of his mouth were: "that's why we don't have all those kids!" I said, "What kids?" And he said: "5 little boys all the same age!" Apparently it was student's day and it was noisy and loud and the boys were up and down all during the game. I asked Ryan why he didn't get a picture of his little group he chaperoned, and he said it was because no one would hold still. I can believe it! Since we only have one boy, I think it was eye-opening for Ryan, and made him all the more grateful that Tanner is pretty mellow compared to some of the other boys!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Sky Sox Game
Ryan & Tanner enjoyed themselves at the 4th grade field trip today. They went to the Sky Sox game, and Ryan went as a chaperone for Tanner and a group of boys. As soon as he walked in the door after the game the first words that came out of his mouth were: "that's why we don't have all those kids!" I said, "What kids?" And he said: "5 little boys all the same age!" Apparently it was student's day and it was noisy and loud and the boys were up and down all during the game. I asked Ryan why he didn't get a picture of his little group he chaperoned, and he said it was because no one would hold still. I can believe it! Since we only have one boy, I think it was eye-opening for Ryan, and made him all the more grateful that Tanner is pretty mellow compared to some of the other boys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Tanner really is such a sweet boy! I know you've told me stories about him as a toddler (similar to Tyler) and I only hope Tyler can grow up to be the kind of boy Tanner is!
Ryan is made of tougher stuff than I am. I don't think I could have done a baseball game with all those boys--I'd have pooped out! But it sure looks like fun! And Tanner looks like he's having a blast (which is always a good thing!)
Ah yes-Tanner used to climb on things, break things, freak out over potato bugs, wake up screaming in the middle of the night...you name it. He was a TOUGH toddler. But the good news is when he hit about 4, it was pretty smooth sailing after that, minus a few bumps here and there!
I cracked up at Ryan's comment about not having 5 boys all the same age. Good thing you didn't have quintuplets!! He's a good Dad for going with Tanner and I bet Tanner enjoyed the game all the more because his Dad was there. What a fun trip!
I LOVE ball games!!! How fun. And Kris, those Teeples corner comments are SO FUNNY!!! So, is the baby Elmo doll to be considered Elmo the Younger?
Elmo the Younger; I love that! Everyday Emma sheds some new light into the scriptures for us...
Post a Comment