Tuesday, May 12, 2009

TRACK MEET








Tanner qualified for the District 49 Elementary School Track Meet, held today at Sand Creek High School. His events were the 200 Meter Dash, and the 4x100 Meter relay. He came home from school one day and gave us a note that he qualified, and that it was a big deal. I guess next year we better let him be in the Land Sharks running club! We are so proud of him. He made it to the finals in each of his events, and placed 5th in the 200 Meter, and 2nd in the relay. Of course Tanner wished he had come in first, but he was glad to get a ribbon. He gets that competitive streak from both Ryan and I, so we are trying to focus on the fact that he did so well--and it doesn't matter if he didn't come in first. When I used to compete in track I would get so nervous that I would throw up before every event; so I am glad he doesn't take after me that way! Here are some great pictures from our fun day!

8 comments:

Maureen said...

How fabulous! What an achiever Tanner is! He just throws himself into everything he does, doesn't he? I can see the smile on your face as you watched him. Such a sweet boy. Give him hugs from me!

Rach said...

Yeah Tanner!! That's awesome that he qualified to run!! I didn't know that you ran track, Kristeen. That must be where Tanner gets his talent.

Wilkes family said...

Go Tanner!!!

Teeples Family said...

Well, I am no distance runner-but I did do all the sprints. I loved it, but I got so nervous! Ryan's brother was actually an amazing runner--an olympic hopeful, who broke every distance record in Utah when he was young! (and his brother has red hair, so maybe there is something to it!) Anyway, it was fun to watch him and relive a little of my own life!(minus the puking

Tara said...

Way to go Tan-man!! Just don't get fast enough to outrun your mom!

Teeples Family said...

I will always be able to catch him; the spatula I carry is pretty long!

Kim said...

WAY TO GO TANNER!!!

Kelli said...

Ha, ha, I loved the spatula remark! Go Tanner!! :)