Every Labor day we go to the Balloon festival at Memorial Park. The balloons launch anywhere from 6:30-8pm, so we usually leave early in the morning (around 5:30am) and make the trek over there.
The Balloons touch down in the water, and then go back up in the sky. There are always riders in every balloon, and this year, one balloon put their basket nearly all the way under the water. Someone got really wet!
Here are the girls, Abby & Emma with 2 of their little friends. As early as it is, the kids would be heartbroken if we missed it. This year both Abby & Tanner could hardly get to sleep because they were so excited. I guess memories and traditions are good!
Every year we make breakfast together with a few families. It always tastes so good cooked on a camp stove! We always let the guys do the cooking, and we relax (well...we watch the kids).
4 comments:
OK..OK...I think maybe next year I'm gonna have to drag myself outta bed and go! I love the photos you all have on your blogs and I feel like maybe we did miss out on something I KNOW my kids (and Jason) would love...if I could JUST get up!!! Invite us again next year, will ya?!! I promise I won't WIMP OUT!!!
That looks so fun!
I love this festival!! How fun that you guys cook breakfast afterwards. Do you cook there at the park or go somewhere else?
We actually cook there. We just put someone in charge every year and they make the food assignments out. It has been really fun. It sounds like you guys have a few families that you go with too--maybe next year we should combine and make a fabulous breakfast!
Post a Comment