Tuesday, February 10, 2009

IF YOU LOVE 'EM, TELL 'EM!

How many of you remember that song? I think it is by Michael McLean. During this Valentines Day month, I have thought about that alot. I need to let Ryan and our children know everyday, just how much I love them. Wouldn't it be sad for us if we didn't say it, and just assume that our family members know it? For me, that includes showing them by my actions, and verbally telling them--even though I may embarass the kids by saying it too loudly in front of their friends! I have made it a goal to make sure that I put my arms around our kids more often, and let them know how I feel. I have also watched a friend of mine with older kids, and she and her husband are so sweet to eachother--and they make sure that they sit right next to eachother every Sunday at church--with the kids on the sides of them. It seems like such a small thing, but I noticed it, because Ryan and I usually sit far apart, with the kids in the middle so we can handle them. For the past few weeks we have tried it the other way, and it works! We can get so frazzled during the week, that when Sunday comes, I enjoy that time sitting next to him.
We spent some time on Sunday, making homemade valentines for our grandparents. We all wrote in the cards and drew pictures. I am grateful for such wonderful parents and grandparents in our lives. And yesterday we received in the mail some cute valentines for each of us from our sweet cousin and niece, Molly Thacker. Thank you Molly! We love you too!
I have learned that it is never to late to let someone know how you feel. Start today! And if you love em, tell em!

1 comment:

Jenae said...

Okay...so here goes...We sooo love you guys!:) there, I said it!! I loved your post and I say AMEN to it! Also, tell Tanner that we are sorry we didn't get to see you guys but that the Lord still answers prayers!!:) I did think, quite a few times about paging you on the "White Paging phone". We used to do it all the time when we were younger but I got cold feet. Plus we started reading Harry Potter 6 again to get ready for the movie. We got a lot of good info this weekend and have made some great work goals that will make us more money and make it easier to visit. We miss you guys and we'll plan a trip this year to visit you again!! Say hi to the fam!:)