Sundays...you know how they are. Probably the most challenging day of the week for us, in terms of juggling things. Today, after early choir practice, Sunday meetings, Ryan speaking in another ward, me playing the violin in church, (and trying to pump a bottle for Keira so I could play the violin in church) dealing with nursery children, dealing with our children, and Ryan home teaching, our family was finally all together just in time for our home teachers to come this evening.
Needless to say, Emma was so TIRED, and onry. I had to take her upstairs during the home teaching and put her in time-out. After they left, she came down crying, and went into the bathroom and sort composed a "crying" song. It went something like this: "No one likes me. Not, mom, or dad, or my brother or sisters. Everyone doesn't like me." And she sang it several times, waiting for a response. Emma is a bit dramatic, and she is pretty stubborn and can't be threatened or talked into or out of anything, so we had to let her finish her song and decide on her own that no one was going to pay into her little "attention" scheme. Pretty soon she was fine, and then she got some attention
Kids are so funny--and sometimes they aren't so funny. Today was one of those days!
8 comments:
Hee hee hee! Emma is so funny! It sounds like you guys had a BUSY day. Thank you for calling me this week--I was lonely! It's always fun to hear from you. Your kids are a riot! Hey--next year's AWP conference (the conference Dave just went to in Chicago) is going to be in Denver! Can we come see you?! I love you guys!
That sounds great! We would love to have you all here! Denver is just an hour from here, so you guys could stay here!
Hope Dave had a great time at his conference. I bet you are glad he's back!
I'm with Emma, who in the heck wants the home teachers over after a day like that? j/k We had a Sunday like that couple of weeks ago and I was about ready to pull my hair out. Maybe that was right around when you called me Kris, and my mom voice came out when I answered the phone!lol We love you guys!
Hey, by the way, I have a tag on my blog for you Kris. Not toooo much pressure but it was fun to do +, a good hing for the kids to read at a later date.:)
Okay, that's one busy, yucky Sunday. Poor Emma. I thought her song was cute =). I wish I would have been there on Sunday to hear you play the violin, I'm sure it was beautiful.
Thanks Krissy-teen! I love the 10, random things about you and I am happy to say that I believe I knew all of them! You are so talented at so many things and such a light in my life! I am missing singing together and hope that will happen again soon so when you sdo your first CD, I want to sing a song with you!:)
I had a Sunday like that yesterday! Ah! I am glad I am not the only one.
how cute! i love hearing all the cute things my family does! sounds like maybe we'll be seeing you guys sooner than expected? we are excited! hope you are doing great! tell the kids and ryan HI!
Post a Comment