Friday, May 8, 2009

MOTHERS

-A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan

-A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. ~Peter De Vries

-I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~Abraham Lincoln

-Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together. ~Pearl S. Buck-

-She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn't take them along. ~Margaret Culkin Banning

-Motherhood is prized of God, at price no man may dare to lessen or misunderstand.~Helen Hunt Jackson

-The formative period for building character for eternity is in the nursery. The mother is queen of that realm and sways a scepter more potent than that of kings or priests. ~Author Unknown

-There's nothing like a mama-hug. ~Adabella Radici

-A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, "where mother is." ~Keith L. Brooks

-Children and mothers never truly part, bound in the beating of each other's heart. -Mother Teresa

-Lastly, one of my favorite talks on motherhood: Daughters of God by M. Russell Ballard
www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=9694558fcc599110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1
How thankful I am for my own mother, whose words come out of my mouth every day! I love you mom! And for all of you other mothers out there, HAPPY MOTHER 'S DAY!

6 comments:

Maureen said...

Kristeen, I love these quotations you've posted here! What great reminders of motherhood and the importance that roll is! I'm going to go get that talk and read it too! Happy Mother's Day, my friend!

Tara said...

Happy Mother's Day! You are a terrific mother and a wonderful example to me! Thanks for always being there to listen!

Kim said...

Happy Mother's Day, Kris! I love you! You're a great example, a fantastic mom, and I'm SO GLAD I have you to direct all my bizarre motherhood questions to. Thank you for this beautiful post! The quotes are so nice.

Rach said...

Those are great quotes. Happy Mother's Day to you!!

Bridger and Cindy said...

Where do you find all your wonderful quotes? I still have one of your marriage ones on my dresser.

Teeples Family said...

My mother in law sent me some a few years ago, and I found a few on a website. YOu have to pick through them, but these were some of my favorites.