Last night was our Piano recital. After we had Keira I decided to downsize my classes and only kept my 2, most committed and motivated students. With 4 kids of my own, my time is precious and I have become more selective in who I will teach. It has worked out well, and they did fantastic at the recital. We invited our friends, the Millers (who are taught by their mom, Amy) to join us, and along with my students and our kids, we had 6 performers. Here we are, in a group picture, along with videos of Tanner and Abby during their performances; Tanner even branched out on the recorder, which they have been learing at school--and we have been practicing at home. I wrote a little recorder part for "My Country 'Tis of Thee" for he and his friend Clayton to perform together. I was so proud of our children too. Because I am first and foremost their mother, and then their teacher, they somehow get the least amount of lessons! But, they still practice and prepare for the recital, and they did really well! It is our goal to work really hard at piano over the summer while we will have more time! After the recital we hosted a potluck dinner, and visited together. What fun!

6 comments:
What a fun night!! Your kids did such a great job!
SO much fun! Thanks for a fun night, too! You are a fantastic teacher!
I think it's great that you can teach your kids piano. Our piano teacher said that her mom taught her until she was about 10 and then gave up because it was too hard. She said it was easier to pay someone than to teach your own children. You have done a great job of being both piano teacher and mom!
Those videos are great! Be sure to tell the kids good job from me!
You are amazing! I loved listening to your kids play! I just found the link on your page with your music blog! I miss your music! I was excited that I might be able to download it and play it, not nearly as well as you but still it's better than nothing.
I am still working on the clicking and attaching documents--so I will let you know as soon as I get it ready to download. Right now it's not clickable--just the titles are there. As always, it's a work in progress!
Post a Comment