Monday, October 19, 2009
BIRTHDAY & BAPTISM
Abby had her 8th birthday on October 5th, and was baptized last Saturday, October 10th. We had a wonderful day, despite the freezing rain! We were excited to have Grandma Teeples come, and Abby asked her to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. Abby, Tanner and Emma sang Abby's special song, "I Will Stand," and it was a special day. That evening, many friends came to our home for an open house. We were touched by the phone calls, kind words and gifts that she received from family and friends. I collected all her cards and e-mail wishes in a sparkly white bag for her journal, so that she could remember this special day and those who supported her. She is a special girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Yay for Abby! We love you! And we love seeing an updated blog... :)
I really enjoyed my short visit with Abby the day after her baptism. She seemed so excited about everything that happened an all of her fun gifts. What a sweetheart she is. We are so sorry that we could no be there but we are so proud of her!
We miss you guys and we will keep you updated on what is going on. We did find a place to live for a while that is walking distance from the kids school and in my favorite, old part of town!:)
Thanks for the update! We are so proud of Abby! Love you!
Great pictures! We are proud of you, Abby! It was fun to talk to you on the phone for a little bit! I really love the family photos of you all, too -- you all look great! We miss you!
What a special day! Sorry we didn't make it to your house that night - sick kids. I LOVED your idea with the white sparkly bag. I might have to steal that! =)
Such a beautiful girl. I'm so glad we were able to share in her special day. Congratulations Abby!
Steve and I were so happy to come to the open house. Abby was certainly beaming. I know she understands what baptism really means. She is such a great girl and really extraordinary!
Post a Comment