A Flu-Filled First Birthday!
Yesterday, November 5th was Keira's first birthday. Ryan, Keira, and now Emma are experiencing flu-like symptoms, so we postponed her party until today. She was feeling just awful, and truthfully still is--but today is a bit better for everyone. We took her to the Dr. for her 12 month well-check today, and they did the check, but postponed shots until next week. She is 29 1/2 inches, 17 lbs and 5 oz. So tiny! She is talking like crazy though, saying so many words: mama, dada, bye, hi, oh-oh, oooh, nigh-nigh, thank you, what's that, dog-'whoo-whoo' and nana-(banana) Abby even tells me that she said her name yesterday. It's possible, I'm sure. Though she is small, she's tough, and is walking around things; she especially loves to push a chair and walk behind it. Keira is a sweet little girl, but she is getting into everything! It is amazing to see how much a baby changes from birth to 1 year old. It is always a little bit emotional for me to see her grow up, but I know that it is a part of life. We are blessed to have her in our lives, and she brings so much joy into our family. 



7 comments:
Happy Birthday, Kiera! What cute pics! She is sure growing up fast! Sorry that you guys have been sick -- us, too. :( Glad you're all feeling better, though!
I'm so sorry you've been sick at your house! I can't believe Kiera is already a year old! What a darling she is, and I love the pix! Cute cake too ...
Those pictures are great! Kiera is such a sweetie-pie. Give her hugs for us!
I can't believe she is a year old! Time flies. Sorry you guys have been sick. The offer still stands - call me if you need ANYTHING.
WOW! What a big girl she is. That year sure flew by. Hope you had a good time celebrating and that your sickness leaves rather soon.
We're still sick! It has been awful...just keep going!
Happy Birthday Kiera. Hope you are finally over the dredded swine flu.
Post a Comment