Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Day




























Christmas morning was met with clean, showered children, waiting patiently to go downstairs until everyone else was ready! So at around 8:00 a.m., we went down to open stockings. Then we tood a break and ate our Christmas Cereal. Then we proceeded to unwrap gifts, which took 2 hours. We finished up around 11 a.m. People often ask us why we take such time with the process, but this is the way that Ryan's family always did it. We have noticed that it gives the kids a chance to see what they have given to others, as well as what they are receiving. It makes our day last a little longer anyway.

Now, for the post-Christmas depression! But we do have the Giles family coming for a few days over the New Year's holiday, so that will give us something to look forward to!

5 comments:

De Anne said...

I love that you do Christmas cereal. We do too! They each get their favorites. It's amazing how long they can make that box last.

I think you are so smart to draw out your day. It can be over so quickly. I threatened my kids with sunday best like Ryan's family did and they didn't take too kindly to that.

Maureen said...

How do you get your kids to shower BEFORE the Christmas tree?? Mine are way older than yours and I still can't get them to do that!

Looks like you had a lovely day. Merry Christmas to your sweet family! :)

Kim said...

It looks like you guys had lots of fun! Christmas cereal is the best. :)

Rach said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you got your kids to shower and wait until 8 to open presents! I like how you draw ot the morning. I was just thinking this year that Christmas Morning is over WAY to fast. Hope you had fun with your guests!

Dolls by Debbie said...

Sure is fun to see the kids in photos--we miss their hugs! Looks like a fun December for all of you! Glad you had a great Christmas. I'd like to see that spiderman pose Tanner has--I know he's quick! The costumes for the dance recital look so pretty. What beautiful little dancers! Tell all the kids hi from us! LOVE YOU ALL, G & G H