Monday, January 18, 2010
ICE FISHING
Ryan, Tanner & Abby were invited to Ice Fishing this morning! They left at 5:30 a.m. and went with our friends, the Carters, who do this on a regular basis. They had lots of fun stopping off for a great breakfast at the Donut Mill in Woodland Park, and then went on to the fishing at Antero Reservior. They caught a total of 10 fish all together, but kept 6. Each fish was 3-4 lbs. 3 of the fish were 17 inches, and 3 were 19 inches. Ryan called when they were nearly home and told me to fill the sink with water. He said I could clean them. I told him that it was no problem. I grew up fishing, gutting and cleaning fish. But when I saw the size of these fish, i bowed out and let the men do it! I am used to river or stream fishing. I have never seen Lake trout the size of these! We cooked 1 on the grill tonight, and it nearly fed our whole family. It was so good, and it brought back a lot of memories for me.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, that looks cold!! I can't believe the fish were so big. I'm with you, I would have let the men clean them too!!
oh fun! it does bring back memories!
Post a Comment