Thursday, March 5, 2009

The LOVE LUNCH

Tanner is in 4th grade; it seems like that is the time that you start noticing other kids in a new way. I remember when I was in 4th grade, and a little boy who I had a crush on wrote me a note that said, " I don't have a girlfriend, but if I did it would be you." Well, Tanner is starting to notice that girls are cute--and they aren't helping--as they seem to be a little more mature about that kind of thing. Several little girls asked him to be their "Valentine," and he didn't know what to do! This is where the LOVE LUNCH comes in. Apparently, at lunch the kids all talk about who likes who, etc. Tanner likes someone new every day it seems. But he thinks kissing and holding hands are gross and knows that kind of behavior is far, far away. (We hope) Still, he comes home each day and tells me that "today was another LOVE LUNCH."

4 comments:

Tara said...

If your kids weren't so dang cute you wouldn't have to worry about it!! :o) Way to go Tan-man!

Wilkes family said...

oh! I hope that he just keeps those love lunches low key, until he's 23! haha

Rach said...

I laughed at the note from the boy you had a crush on! I agree with Tara, Tanner is just so dang cute no wonder all the girls like him!

Mel said...

I hate to say it, but it only gets worse. I now see where all the grey hair comes from. Your T will be like my T and the girls will be all over him. Watch out!