Thursday, August 13, 2009

34 Years Young

Today was Ryan's birthday. He turned 34 years old. I am now only 1 year older than him. I am technically 14 months older than him, so for those 2 months from my birthday in June, to his in August, he tells everyone that I am 2 years older than him! Well--he is catching up with me! He wouldn't let me make a cake, but he has been talking about his mom's marshmallow brownies, which I did make--and they are as fantastic as he remembers! What a great recipe. So great that I am posting it right here for you all to make!

Marshmallow Brownies
Cream together:
3 sticks margarine
2 c. sugar
1/3 c. cocoa
Add: 4 eggs 1 at a time, and beat well

2 c. flour
2 t. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts
Mix until fluffy and light in color. Bake in a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Do not overbake. When done, spread 1 lb. package of miniature marshmallows over the top, and set it back in the oven (oven off) for 1 minute until marshmallows are fluffy. Cool for 1 hour and frost with chocolate frosting.

8 comments:

Tara said...

Yummm! You've made those for us, huh? Soooo yummy!

Happy Birthday Ryan!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to Ryan! Sorry we forgot... We hope it was a great day. Can't wait to try the brownies!

De Anne said...

I love trying new recipes. Thanks for sharing!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday, Ryan! I got several "reminders" on my phone for days prior to, and on the 13th. Weird. ;)

Grandma Dana said...

Happy late birthday Ryan. Hope you enjoyed the yummy brownies. Thanks to you Kristeen for making the recipe availabe for us to sample ourselves!

Mel said...

We missed it-sorry! Happy Birthday Ryan. You guys are meer babies. Thanks for the recipe. You always make such yummy stuff.

Jason and Becky said...

Happy birthday old man!!

Maureen said...

Hey! I just read this entry. I must have missed it before. I'm the same difference older than Stan that you are with Ryan. (Younger men ARE better, aren't they??) LOL! I'm glad you made him such a great treat. I'm copying the recipe and taking it with me!