Big Changes for Little Emma
Emma started preschool yesterday. She goes on MWF afternoons. It is something that she really needs; since Keira's birth, Emma has become the "middle child," and she doesn't always get the attention she needs. It will be nice for her to feel special, and have something that is all her own! Emma has been pretty nervous for school, but we have been talking a lot, and helping her mentally prepare for it. She did really well when I dropped her off yesterday-and tried to be brave. She ended up loving it, and hopefully tomorrow, will have an easier time going! I took her to Baskin Robbins for an ice cream cone afterward, so we could have some special time together and talk about what she has learned. She is a smarty pants and has learned so much from Tanner and Abby, that I think the academics will be easy for her, but I know that socially, she is sometimes timid, so it is good for her to be at a 'real' preschool, and learn that structure there. All in all, it was a good day! Here are some before school (crying) and after school(ice cream face) pictures.

3 comments:
I'm so happy for Emma, she's growing up! I can't wait to hear about school on Sunday. I love your kids comments, Tanner really does need an agent (really you all do), you are the best mom ever, and some days I'd be willing to give Aspen Lee to your family.
Well, my kids are SO dramatic, that maybe they do need an agent!
What a precious posting, and the pix are adorable! Did you sit in the car and cry after she was in class? I did. It seems to me that you just had her, and now look at her! What a lamby.
Post a Comment