Wednesday, September 8, 2010

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

The kids all started school on different days this year. Tanner started Middle school on August 3rd; Abby started 3rd grade on August 4th; and Emma started Kindergarten on August 5th. They have been in school for a month now, and Tanner is already asking when Fall Break is! Being in 6th grade has been an adjustment for him--as he is riding the bus to and from school. But he seems to like it, and is doing well and making new friends. He told me today that a girl likes him--because he was wearing his "Hurley" sweatshirt and he must have been "irresistable!" I tried hard not to laugh! Abby enjoys her class too. She has a male teacher for the first time ever--and she was a little nervous about that, but she really likes her teacher and class so far. She is pretty easy going and is a great student! Emma loves Kindergarten! I volunteer every Friday in her class, and I have loved watching her learn. She is very smart and her teacher says she is "amazing!" This week she is "student of the week." So we got to make a poster telling all about her. She also gets to lead the class in calendar and weather. She was a little timid her first time doing it, so yesterday I told her to be loud and brave. Her teacher told me that she wished that she could have taped Emma's "performance, " because she took her job at calendar very seriously! Keira is at home with me--and is napping for 3 hours in the afternoon so I get a lot of things done. Ryan works at home about 3 days a week and it is nice to be able to plan appointments and run errands if Keria is asleep. He says I take advantage of him being home. Its true!

2 comments:

De Anne said...

Your kids are getting so big! Sounds like school is going as well as you would expect. Middle school can be an adjustment, but he'll love it.

Kim said...

Wow, I can't believe how big the kids are getting. We sure miss you guys!